Dakota Ultrasonic Flaw Detectors
DFX 7 and DFX 7+
The DFX 7 and DFX 7+ Ultrasonic Flaw Detector is a Dual Ultrasonic A/B Scan thickness Gauge and Ultrasonic Flaw Detectors in one gauge. It has all the functionality of top-of-the-line material thickness gauges and flaw detectors. In addition, when flaw mode is selected, the DFX 7 and DFX 7+ offer various toolkits that enable fast and accurate ultrasonic flaw detection, which is ideal for weld inspections. These Ultrasonic Flaw Detector gauges are made in the USA by Dakota Ultrasonics.
The thickness gauge feature in the DFX 7 & 7+ allows the user to specificity measure thickness, locate flaws, internal pits, and laminations.
The Flaw Detector mode has all the standard features such as DAC, TRIG, AWS, AVG/DGS & TCG.
This is a very versatile gauge that is easy to use. Works well in confided spaces and for rope access.
Difference between DFX-7 and DFX-7+
DFX 7 Broad-Band Filter (1.8-19 MHz)
DFX 7+ Broad-Band Filter(1.8-19MHz), Narrow Band 2 MHz, 5MHz, 10MHz
- Exceptional visibility in sunlight (AMOLED)
- Color VGA display (320×240 pixels)
- Sizing Toolkits: DAC, AWS, TCG, DGS
- P.R.F. – 8 to 333 Hz, adjustable
- Screen Refresh Rate: Adjustable 60 & 120 Hz
- Detection: Z-Cross, Flank & Peak
- Automatic: probe zero, probe recognition, and temperature compensation
- Measurement: Variety of modes to address several applications
- Large data storage with multiple formats: Alphanumeric grid and sequential w/auto identifier
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
- Data management software
Tool Kit Includes:
TRIG enabling the location of flaws in both surface distance and depth.
DAC for the creation of DAC curves which are used to inform the operator of the size of any given flaw at any depth.
AWS function provides automatic defect sizing by AWS D1.1 structural welding code.
AVG/DGS allows automatic defect sizing using probe data, storing up to 64 custom setups.
TCG (time corrected gain) increases gain as distance increases to achieve an overall sensitivity level for the same flaw/reflector at different distances.